Behind The Collection GOOD EVENING February 22, 2024
What's The Deal With Puzzling? January 17, 2024
MAGICAL INDIA: An illustrative journey of India's art and culture by La La Land's Lilly Perrott
La La Land in-house artist Lilly Perrott recently went on a holiday to India with her partner Cristian, who is also part of the La La Land team! We caught up with her to chat about what inspired her as she travelled and how she documented her journey.
Which country or travel has given you the most creative inspiration and why?
What interesting facts did you learn about Indian art or craft to share?
What inspired you the most?
Can you share some sketches from your travels?
What do you like the most about travel sketching?
Can you share some valuable lessons you learnt with us from your trip?
- Find where the local people eat and with a high turn over of food to guarantee fresh food that hasn't been sitting around all day.
- Fill up with filter water at hostels or hotels - there is so much rubbish and plastic waste in India, it doesn't need your contribution!
- Be open-minded and try a different meal or drink once every couple of days (For every meal you dislike you'll get at least three that you'll love!)
- The best chai is best boiled 4 times and THEN you add the sugar
- Monkey's aren't as cute as you'd think - especially when they steal your lunch!
- Get to know the locals! They'll teach you far more about Indian life and culture than any lonely planet or travel blog could ever do and are just as interested in your culture! My partner and I befriended a lovely guy from Manali and now he's going to go stay with him for a month in his mountain village.
- Carry hand sanitizer, wet wipes and a bit of toilet paper for bathrooms, some turmeric to rub into any cuts you might get (it has amazing healing properties), Berocca and hydration salts for when you're not at your best, and an inflatable travel pillow and silk sleeping bag liner will transform any surface into a cosy little nook especially when you're on 14 hour bus rides!
- Body language speaks volumes, especially where there's a language barrier. A simple smile or head wiggle can get you a long way.
- Happiness is best shared, I was amazed just how many people I met and hung out with on my travels, and was so pleased that I made the effort to do so.
SHOP LILLY PERROT'S ILLUSTRATED CARDS AND PRODUCTS HERE
@lillymiranda10 to check out more of Lilly's work