Check out some Christmas table setting ideas.
The decorations are up, the fruit mince pies are out and it’s time to get into the Christmas vibe.
December provides opportunities to wind down, celebrate and spend time with family and loved ones. It also gives our inner Martha Stewarts the opportunity to go all out with decorating and theming a table!
If you’re hosting an event, it is an amazing feeling to present a well put together table. There is no end to the satisfaction and pride you will feel when your guests admire the beautiful setting.
An Aussie Christmas all the way
While others are dreaming of a white Christmas, Australia is all about sun, sand, barbecues and long days.
Instead of shivering indoors, we take our festivities outside. Presents from Santa include swimsuits, surfboards and other accessories which make summer that much more fun.
This Christmas, celebrate Australia’s unique culture with an Aussie-themed table.
Christmas table setting ideas: Let’s find the perfect theme
Now you’ve decided on an Aussie theme, narrow it down to really focus your Christmas table setting ideas.
Here are some ideas for themes to help bring your table together with a consistent look:
Aussie Animals:Our fauna is unique. Bring it to the table with cute decorative dinnerware.
Chinoiserie:A beautiful and classic style, La La Land have their own range of Australian inspired Chinoiserie. You can learn more about the collection and chinoiserie itself here: On trend: Australian Chinoiserie.
Tropical:Don’t forget, Australia has tropical ecosystems! Lalaland’s Tropical Abode collection blends tropical with Australiana with stunning effect.
Birds:Along with our iconic marsupials, Australia also has an array of stunning native birds. Perfect for Christmas table setting ideas. Our cockatoos, in particular, are worth celebrating. La La Land has done so with their Cockatoos of Australia
#Beachlife:Represent the sun and the ocean for your Aussie Christmas table
The Perfect Table
Here are the essentials you’ll need to perfect your Aussie themed table and tie together all your Christmas table setting ideas:
- Tablecloth: A white tablecloth always looks beautiful or choose a ‘Christmas red’ to brighten your theme.
- Serviettes/Napkins: A good table always needs napkins. La La Land’s Festive Fuzzies, Australian Chinoiserie and Cockatoos of Australia are a great place to start.
- Plates: Break away from boring white plates, especially for Christmas. Melamine plates, with their vibrant colours and durability, are becoming more and more popular for themed tables. There are some great whimsical ideas in the Floating Fuzzies collection as well as Festive Feast at La La Land.
- Cups and glasses: Again, go melamine! It’s unbreakable and bold. You can match your Festive Feast plates or compliment them with some cups from Tropical Abode. Melamine is great for little hands which can’t help but knock over glassware.
- Cutlery: Make sure you have all the cutlery your guests will need to enjoy their meal. This includes knives and butter knives, forks, and spoons for soup or dessert.
- Trays: Bring your spread to and from the table in style with a classy tray. La La Land’s Tropical Abode Serving Platter is a stunning example.
- Coasters: Coasters are one of the great Christmas table setting additions. They are a great way to bring more colour and protect your table without resorting to a dusty old table cloth. They can also add some flare and match or complement your plates!
- Labels for each person: Allocated seating is an ideal way to keep your day running smoothly. Gift tags are a novel way to allocate seats. Check out La La Land’s selection.
- Christmas crackers: It’s not Christmas without crackers! Make sure they match your colour scheme.
- Decorations: A centrepiece or some scattered accessories will complete your themed Christmas table. Think seaglass and shells for a beach theme or gum leaves and gumnuts for a botanical theme (you could get creative and spray them with gold paint).
- Fresh flowers: A vase full of native Australian wildflowers is another way to bring a local touch to your table this Christmas.
Play an album of Australian Christmas carols to add to the atmosphere while you eat.
Don’t forget to decorate your tree with an Australian theme as well!
As well as some adorable canine-themed baubles in their Canine Christmas collection, La La Land has stunning Aussie themed decorations.
Check out our range:
Merry Christmas from the team at La La Land! We hope you enjoy a happy festive season and enjoy the company you have around your beautifully decorated table.
Styling - LENZO (@partywithlenzo)
Photographer - Melanie Desa (@mel.dphoto)
Foliage Christmas Tree - A Peachy Affair (@apeachaffairevents)
Bon Bon Name Tags & Ribbons - OneMimosaPlease (@onemimosaplease_)
Colourful Australiana Tableware, Gifts & Baubles - Lalaland (@lalalandshop)
Paper Cups, Plates, Straws & Bon Bons - Ruby Rabbit (@rubyrabbitparty)
Kids Table & Chairs - Mini Party People (@minipartypeople)
Pavlovas & Fruit Plater - Fara Feast (@fara.feasts)
Santa Letter Box -My Christmas (@mychristmas)